A Dreamfeed is feed that starts when your baby is asleep. The goal is to break the crying and getting fed association and often to manipulate the time of the feeds so they are more convenient or to facilitate a gentle weaning process. Dreamfeeds can be done equally well with babies who are breast fed or bottle fed. The process of dream feeding generally means that a baby who is already asleep is picked up gently, and fed in their parent or caregiver's. They may stay asleep during the whole process, wake up and fall back to sleep or be awake at the end of the feed.
Dreamfeeds (Length: 4:16)
7 Steps to Gentle Night Weaning the Kinder Way
- Step 1: Feed Baby Regularly Through the Day
- Step 2: Decide on How Many Night Feeds to Start With
- Step 3: Determine the Timing of Your Dreamfeeds
- Step 4: Establish a Stretch of Time with No Eating
- Step 5: Start the Day with a Morning Feed in the Light
- Step 6: Start the Weaning Process
- Step 7: Eliminate the Last Dreamfeed
7 Steps to Gentle Night Weaning the Kinder Way (Length: 8:53)
I am very pleased to provide you, as part of the Better Sleep Toolkit, my complete e-book on Gentle Night Weaning for free! You will have free access to this e-book for as long as you maintain your access to the Better Sleep Toolkit.
Click the Gentle Night Weaning book cover to the right to open up the full e-book on your computer.
Below are links to all the handouts used in the book.
Gentle Night Weaning Plan Worksheet (blank pdf)
Sample Gentle Night Weaning Plan Worksheet (example pdf)
Blank Night Feed Weaning Plan (blank PDF)
Blank Night Feed Weaning Plan (blank spreadsheet .xlsx)