Night Coach Certification - Presented by the Child Sleep Institute
What is a Night Coach?
A Night Coach provides in-home support to families who are sleep coaching/sleep training their child (or children). The primary focus of a Night Coach is to work with a Child Sleep Consultant offering practical support in carrying out a pre-determined sleep plan. Parents will often want the Night Coach to do the sleep coaching for them or with them. For families who are not yet ready for sleep coaching this may involve offering respite or gentle sleep shaping.
The Night Coach Certification program prepares you to work in-home with families assisting in carrying out sleep plans created by a Child Sleep Consultant or the family.
The certification program includes basic sleep information, an overview of the different sleep coaching methods, how to work with a variety of sleep consultants, supporting families, observing babies, gentle interventions, multiples and siblings, supporting secure attachment, as well as, safety and business issues. Click here for a more detailed list of topics.
Note: This course does NOT train you to be a Child Sleep Consultant. You will not be trained in how to create a sleep plan. You will not be trained to assess families for behavioral, medical, or other issues that may impact a sleep plan.
In recent years, many Child Sleep Consultants or Sleep Coaches have been trained all over the globe. These consultants provide detailed evaluations, develop tailored sleep plans, and provide on-going support for families looking to improve sleep.
Many families request in-home help in carrying out their sleep plan either because the service is popular in their area or they want or need the extra help. Most Child Sleep Consultants do not provide overnight or in-home services and would welcome trained Night Coaches that can work with their clients in home.
Night Coaches are trained to assist families in carrying out their sleep plans.
The Night Coach Certification Program includes:
- 8 hours of instruction in an online learning format. Recorded webinar presentations are coupled with educational videos that students can view online
- Written exam (multiple choice & short answer)
- Certificate attesting to having completed the program
- Web site badge to attest you have completed the training, linking to explanation page at the Child Sleep Institute
- Inclusion in Night Coach registry on the Child Sleep Institute web site
- Facebook community for discussion and Q & A
Income Potential - $250 to $1000 per Night
In many areas Night Coaches are popular and in demand. They will usually work 1 to 3 nights with each family from bedtime to morning. So 6 PM or 7 PM to 6 AM for 10-12 hours per night. You can choose how many clients you will take and which nights you will work.
Rates range from $25 to $100 per hour depending on the arrangement with the Child Sleep Consultant and market conditions.
- Night Coach work is rewarding and lucrative
- Night Coaches bring the precious gift of sleep to families in need
- Some Night Coaches will work 4 nights a month and bring home as much as they would working full-time
Qualities of a Successful Night Coach
- Ability to stay awake all night or to sleep lightly to be alert for small noises
- Able to sleep in the daytime
- Don't get overly stressed with baby’s cries
- Can put parents at ease
- Can communicate well with parents and offer emotional support
- Friendly and caring personality
- Can support parents' informed choices
- Reliable, tidy, and punctual
Who Should Get This Certification?
There are currently no mandatory qualifications required to take this certification program but below are examples of the type of professions that will benefit from taking the certification:
- Baby Nurses/Maternity Nurses
- Newborn Care Specialists
- Night Nannies
- Mother’s Helpers
- Child Sleep Consultants interested in working in-home
- Child Sleep Consultants partnering with Night Coaches (ask about group pricing)
Night Coaches Partner with a Child Sleep Consultant
It is the responsibility of the Sleep Consultant to:
- Evaluate the family’s unique situation and needs and rule out medical and other issues
- Create a sleep plan collaboratively with the client
- Provide on-going support and troubleshooting
The Night Coach complements the skills of the Child Sleep Consultant, and together they work as a team to help families improve their sleep.
Limited Time 50% Discount$850 Regular Price
- Night Course Certification Program (8 online modules)
- Weekly live Q&A calls starting July 8 through July 29
- Facebook group for ongoing discussions
- Take-home exam (multiple choice & short answer)
- Upon Successful Exam Completion (80%):
- Night Coach Certificate
- Night Coach Website Badge
- Night Coach Registry
- Click here for terms and conditions
Choose your currency from the drop down list. Note that Canadians will have HST added to their package price automatically based on their province of residence.
Note: If you already have an account at the Child Sleep Institute, you should log in to your account before completing the form. After logging in the form will be pre-populated with your details and you will have access to all your programs with the one account.