What is a Night Specialist or Night Coach?
A Night Coach provides in-home support to families who are sleep coaching/training their child or children. The primary focus of a Night Specialist is to work with a Child Sleep Consultant offering practical support in carrying out a pre-determined sleep plan. Parents will often want the Night Specialist to do the night coaching for them or with them. For families who are not yet ready for sleep coaching this may involve offering respite or gentle sleep shaping.
The Night Coach training prepares you to work in-home with families assisting in carrying out sleep plans created by a Child Sleep Consultant or in some cases the family themselves.
The course includes basic sleep information, an overview of the different sleep coaching methods, how to work with a variety of sleep consultants, supporting families, observing babies, gentle interventions, multiples and siblings, supporting secure attachment, as well as, safety and business issues. Click here for a more detailed list of topics.
(This course DOES NOT train you to be a Child Sleep Consultant, or to assess families for behavioral, medical or other issues that may impact a sleep plan or to create a sleep plan with families. Click here for information on becoming a Child Sleep Consultant.)
In recent years many Trained Child Sleep Consultants have been trained all over the globe. These consultants provide detailed evaluations, develop individual sleep plans, and provide on-going support for families looking to improve sleep.
Many families request in-home help in carrying out their sleep plan either because the service is popular in their area or they want or need the extra help. Most Sleep Consultants do not provide overnight or in-home services and would welcome trained Night Coaches that can work with their clients in home.
Night Coaches are trained to assist families in carrying out their sleep plans.
The course includes 10 hours of training in an online learning format. Live webinar presentations will be coupled with educational videos that students can view online. This is an interactive course with ample opportunity for Q&A with the instructors.
HOW IT CAN BOOST YOUR CAREER & PROVIDE EXTRA INCOME!
In many areas Night Coaches are popular and in demand. They will typically work 1-3 nights with each family from bedtime to morning (from 6 or 7pm to 6am), typically 10-12 hours per night. You can choose how many clients you will take and the nights you will work.
Rates range from $25 - $80 per hour depending on the arrangement with the Sleep Consultant and market conditions.
- Night Coaches work is rewarding and lucrative.
- Night Coaches bring the precious gift of sleep to families in need.
- Some Night Coaches will work 4 nights a month and bring home as much as they would working full-time.
Qualities of a successful Night Coach/Specialist:
- Ability to stay awake all night or a light sleeper who can be alert at small noises
- Able to sleep in the daytime
- Does not get overly stressed with baby’s cries
- Can put parents at ease at introduction
- Can communicate well with parents and offer emotional support
- Friendly and caring personality
- Can support parents informed choices
- Reliable, tidy and punctual
QUALIFICATIONS OR GOOD FITS FOR THIS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM:
There are currently no mandatory qualifications required to take this certification program but below are examples of the type of professions that will benefit from taking the training:
- Baby Nurses
- Newborn Care Specialists
- Night Nannies
- Mother’s Helpers
- Sleep Consultants interested in working in-home
Night Specialists greatly benefit from working with a Sleep Consultants. It is the responsibility of the Sleep Consultant to:
- Evaluate the family’s unique situation and needs and rule out medical and other issues
- Create a sleep plan collaboratively with the client
- Provide on-going support and troubleshooting
The Night Coach supplements the skills of the Sleep Consultant, and together they work as a team to help families improve their sleep.
Free webinar information session:
view it here: http://tinyurl.com/9dvshdq
We will discuss the following:
- Business opportunities for Night Specialists
- Night Specialist job description
- Qualities of a successful Night Specialist
- How Night Specialists work with Sleep Consultants
- Night Specialist Training Program
- Night Specialist Certification Program
- Q & A
This class is offered in person and on-line. Completing this course is one of the requirements for our Night Coach/Specialist Certification.
|Course Name||Start Date||Course Fee||Format||Registration Opens|
|Night Specialist||November 2017||Delivered Online||Registration Closed|
|Night Coach||February 2018||$650||Delivered Online||January 20||2018|
Join our Night Coach Training mailing list